Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 36: 29 weeks

I'm "full term" (37 weeks) in exactly 8 weeks, thats only 2 months...scary! haha. I think tonight is a good time to talk about some of the difference's Paul and I have noticed with this pregnancy. When we were pregnant with Damien, we were way too caught up in the "things" that came along with having a baby. We wanted the best of everything, every little gadget they had, the entire matching bedding set with coordinating this and that. A lot of this goes to what I learned the first time around. Damien hated being in that expensive "travel system" and preferred to be worn in the wrap or sling (I also preferred this mode of transportation). This time all I want is this baby. Our crib is set up with no mattress still, and I don't.even.care. I'm so much more relaxed and laid back, we're no where near ready for this little man to come but we have the bare essentials and I feel comfortable. I'm also enjoying this pregnancy way more. This is the only time that Small Paul is MINE. I don't have to share him right now, and I love it :) I'm the only one who gets to feel his every little move and twist and turn, the only one who gets to "hold" him, etc. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and then I start going every 2 weeks already, its really going to fly by now!

1 comment:

  1. aw! You look fabulous!!! I can't imagine how different a second pregnancy would be... (someday soon hopefully!) But I hope you have an easy remaining few weeks and keep enjoying the wiggles and bumps.

    ReplyDelete