Sunday, April 3, 2011

Random thoughts...

First Random thought is that I am majorly sucking at this whole blog thing. That last thing I want to do at night is sit and try to un-jumble the thoughts in my head and write them out so another human being can actually understand them haha. So a forum post a friend made earlier sparked this "Random Thoughts" post... (Thanks Christa)

To start it off is my new favorite song... I've heard it before, but watching it put with Grey's Anatomy during the most recent new episode that was a musical really made me love it! I was sobbing five minutes in haha. Brandi Carlisle - The Story. LOVE it. It really got me thinking listening to it closely... It really reminds me of the past five years that I've been through with my husband. We've only been married for the past two, but were together the previous three before that. The lines "I crossed all the lines and I broke all the rules But baby I broke them all for you" really tell it all. Anyone who has known me closely for any length of time knows what happened between him and I in 2007. I'm not going to hash out all the nasty details but in the cliff notes version... we were engaged, he disappeared, smashed my world to smithereens, came back, left again and smashed my last shred of dignity, then came back again. EVERY SINGLE person in my life told me I was mentally insane for taking him back. I "broke all the rules" and as I sit in my quiet house with one beautiful sleeping baby on the couch next to me and my other beautiful sleeping child in bed with one beautiful man who I'm lucky to call my husband... I'm glad I did.


Random thought #2. Sex and the City 2 sucked.... Just watched it tonight for the first time. Enough said.

Random thought #3: All this "The World is Ending" talk that has been sparked by the quake and tsunami in Japan REALLY stressed me out for about a week. I started thinking about the possibility, and that it wouldn't be fair for my kids to be cheated of living a full long life. Then I started really thinking about it and reminded myself that A) if it did end up happening soon, there is absolutely nothing I could do to stop it, so I need to chill out and enjoy my life, and B) if it does happen, Big Man upstairs is going to come and call us all home, so it doesn't matter....


which leads to...
Random Thought # 4: Let go and let God. That, and, "Oh well, its not my problem"...those are my new years resolutions for 2011 ha ha. Previously I've had a problem with involving myself in other peoples problems, and it takes too much of me away from, well, myself... and my family too. Granted there are things that are not "my problem" but that I will still involve myself with because I love the people that the said problem is revolving around, but I have learned to separate myself from issues that are petty. All I have to say is it's made a huge difference and I'm a way happier person. Sometimes there just isn't anything you can do and sometimes the drama just isn't worth it.

Random thought #5: I miss dancing, who wants to watch my boys Monday and Wednesday from 2-3:20PM next semester? I must. I need to Plie, arabesque, echappe, battement tendu and get loosy goosy again. I think if I tried to do a grand plie right now my hip bones would probably snap right out of the socket. pathetic. I wonder if I could even do it after two babies haha.

Random thought #6: Its 1am and Mason has usually eaten about an hour ago and he will NOT wake up to eat haha. I am so tired and I want to go to bed for good. If I go to sleep now I know he will wake up the minute I drift off so I feel like death when i wake up. Come on Kid!

Okay no more random thoughts, so here's that song





















No comments:

Post a Comment